-   -   Trying to change the background of a cell if I type a certain word (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188813-trying-change-background-cell-if-i-type-certain-word.html)

T-DOGG01

Trying to change the background of a cell if I type a certain word

I am creating an Equipment Status worksheet for my job. Is there a formula
that I can use to change the background color of a paticular cell if I type
the word of that paticular color in it? I.E. in the status column I type the
word "red" how can I make that cell's background that color? Or that row?

--
T-DOGG01

David Biddulph[_2_]

Trying to change the background of a cell if I type a certain word

Not a formula, but Conditional Formatting.
--
David Biddulph

"T-DOGG01" wrote in message
I am creating an Equipment Status worksheet for my job. Is there a formula
that I can use to change the background color of a paticular cell if I
type
the word of that paticular color in it? I.E. in the status column I type
the
word "red" how can I make that cell's background that color? Or that row?

--
T-DOGG01

T-DOGG01

Trying to change the background of a cell if I type a certain

David,

Thanks. I think I found the soulution.
--
T-DOGG01