Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Default Rounding to integers and adding plus sign

Hi, I have 2 problems
My first problem is that I have a large amount of data that I want to be
rounded to the nearest integer value. What I have been using is
"=INT(ROUND(Q795,2-(1+INT(LOG10(ABS(Q795))))))" to get it to 2 significant
figures, and then to only take the integer value of that. It is having
problems though since it will truncate numbers like 2.6 to 2 and I need them
to be 3.

My other problem is that I want some sort of formula to make a certain cell
equal + if the number I am testing is positive... I'm not good with coding
but something like
If N160 then N15 = +
also if you tell me the code can you please walk me through how to input that?
Thanks a lot
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Okay I found a way to get around the first part of my problem since it was
not needed anyway.
Now all I need to know is how to make a cell equal "+" when the number in a
different cell (say cell N16 is 0. If N16 is < 0 then I want the cell to
equal nothing, or if that is not possible, I want it to equal "-"
Thanks for any help
~Joe

"Joe" wrote:

Hi, I have 2 problems
My first problem is that I have a large amount of data that I want to be
rounded to the nearest integer value. What I have been using is
"=INT(ROUND(Q795,2-(1+INT(LOG10(ABS(Q795))))))" to get it to 2 significant
figures, and then to only take the integer value of that. It is having
problems though since it will truncate numbers like 2.6 to 2 and I need them
to be 3.

My other problem is that I want some sort of formula to make a certain cell
equal + if the number I am testing is positive... I'm not good with coding
but something like
If N160 then N15 = +
also if you tell me the code can you please walk me through how to input that?
Thanks a lot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Try this in N15:
=If(N160,"+","")
Is this what you need?
Regards - Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Thanks! this is exactly what I was looking for

"Dave" wrote:

Hi,
Try this in N15:
=If(N160,"+","")