Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Search for occurence of any item in table

I have data in cells d2:ac1000. I have another table of items I am looking
for in a1:a7. For each row of my data, I'd like to know if there's any
matches to items in the table. I know I could sum a bunch of Countifs, as
in:

=countif(d2:ac1000,a1)+countif(d2:ac1000,a2)+...

Is there a simpler formula I could use that would support expansion of the
table more easily?

Thanks,
Fred.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc