Jumpy

Default Jumping cells diagonally

I am trying to find a way to move between two columns with the "enter" key
while entering numbers. I want to go from A1 to B1 to A2 to B2 to C1, etc.
but not using the Tab key. Is this possible?
Ron de Bruin

Hi Jumpy

What is wrong with the tab key ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jumpy" wrote in message ...
I am trying to find a way to move between two columns with the "enter" key
while entering numbers. I want to go from A1 to B1 to A2 to B2 to C1, etc.
but not using the Tab key. Is this possible?

Dave Peterson

Uncheck "move selection after enter"
(tools|options|Edit tab)

Then Select A1:Cxxx

Hit enter to go from left to right and down one row when the row is done.

Jumpy wrote:

I am trying to find a way to move between two columns with the "enter" key
while entering numbers. I want to go from A1 to B1 to A2 to B2 to C1, etc.
but not using the Tab key. Is this possible?

--

Dave Peterson
Bernard Liengme

Look around for an old Gateway keyboard. I had one with 8 arrow keys. The
extras moved diagonally; NW, NE, SW, SE in nautical terms.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jumpy" wrote in message
I am trying to find a way to move between two columns with the "enter" key
while entering numbers. I want to go from A1 to B1 to A2 to B2 to C1,
etc.
but not using the Tab key. Is this possible?

swatsp0p

Another option is to use a Workbook_SheetChange event VBA item. Right Click
on the Excel icon to the left of "File" on the main menu and click on "View
Code"

This opens the VBA Editor to the ThisWorkbook module. Select "SheetChange"
from the right hand drop down menu above the pane on the right side. Enter
this code in the main pane:

------------------

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
Application.EnableEvents = True
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 1).Select
If ActiveCell.Column = 3 Then
ActiveCell.Offset(1, -2).Select
End If
If ActiveCell.Column 3 Then
ActiveCell.Offset(1, -1).Select

Enter data in col A, the cell pointer moves RIGHT one cell.
Enter data in col B, the cell pointer moves DOWN one row and LEFT one cell.
Enter data in col C and beyond, cell pointer moves DOWN one cell.

HTH

Bruce