Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default is this filter possible?

I have a list of customers on sheet 1 cell A1. I need a filter that will
display specific cells for specific customers. For instance, when the list in
A1 reads ABC Lumber Co., I would like to see cells columns A through F lines
601 through 622 directly below the list cell. Is this possible?
--
bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Presuming you want it "auto-filtered" in another sheet
here's one simple formulas play which gets you there

Source data assumed in Sheet1, cols A to F, data from row1 down
with key col = col A (company names)

In another sheet,
Assume A1 will contain the input for the company name of interest,
eg: ABC Lumber Co

In B1:
=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",IF(Sheet1!A1=$A$1,ROW(),""))

In C1:
=IF(ROW()COUNT($B:$B),"",INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,SMALL($ B:$B,ROW())))
Copy C1 across by 6 cols to H1. Select & copy B1:H1 down as far as required
to cover the max expected extent of source data in Sheet1. Minimize/hide away
col B. Cols C to H will return the required "filtered" source lines from
Sheet1, all neatly bunched at the top.
--
Max
Singapore