Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 0 bytes

I saved an excel 07 file that contained 300 kb of data yet, when tried to
re-open get a message saying the file is corrupt or I have the wrong file
extension.

When I look at the files properties it now says 0 bytes!?

Any ideas!?

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On May 9, 4:26*am, andy wrote:
I saved an excel 07 file that contained 300 kb of data yet, when tried to
re-open get a message saying the file is corrupt or I have the wrong file
extension.

When I look at the files properties it now says 0 bytes!?

Any ideas!?

Andy

Hi,

Perhaps you can try to recover the file. You may try Advanced Excel
Repair at http://www.datanumen.com/aer/ This tool is rather useful in
salvaging damaged Excel xls files.

Alan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We will wait eagerly for the OP to report that Alan's utility has done the
trick. :-)

Interesting that for an Excel 07 file, Alan recommends using a product for
which the web page says:
"Advanced Excel Repair supports to repair xls and xlw files in Excel version
3, 4, 5, 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2003 formats. "
but I suppose if the file is empty it doesn't matter which version it
started as?

Can anyone remind me how often the group has seen ringing endorsements of
Alan's product from satisfied customers, rather than from the salesman?
--
David Biddulph