Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Number Format Displays Differently Between Users

We have a spreadsheet with a column of numbers with General format (no actual
column format set) where the values appear like the following to most users:

100234.0002
992233.1203
232311.0003

But a new user who obtained this spreadsheet is seeing the values as

1.002.340.002
9.922.331.203
2.323.110.003

Spreadsheet created in Excel 2003, and new user supposedly has same version
(although I have them checking this). I don't have the user's actual Locale
info yet, but I know they work out of Belgium. We have other users worldwide
who see the data formatted as expected.

While I have the user tracking down their version, locale, and "options -
international - number handling" settings, anyone have an idea of what is
causing this, and the easiest way to resolve so they see the number diaplyed
as everyone else does? And what settings in particular would be causing this?

As always, thanks for all your help!