DJN822

Default How can i print sequential page numbers 1 to 10, if i have one wo.

I have an excel worksheet that is one page long. I want to print it 100
times with page numbers labeling it 1 to 100. How do i do this?
Gord Dibben

DJN

Code from Ron de Bruin's site.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/print*.htm#number

Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet()
Dim CopiesCount As Long
Dim CopieNumber As Long
CopiesCount = Application.InputBox("How many Copies do you want", Type:=1)
For CopieNumber = 1 To CopiesCount
With ActiveSheet
'number in cell A1
'.Range("a1").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & CopiesCount

'number in the footer
.PageSetup.LeftFooter = CopieNumber & " of " & CopiesCount

'Print the sheet
.PrintOut
End With
Next CopieNumber
End Sub

As written above, you will get "page 1 of X" in the footer.

If not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for more on
"getting started".

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + R to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Run the macro by going to ToolMacroMacros.

You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:59:06 -0800, DJN822
wrote:

I have an excel worksheet that is one page long. I want to print it 100
times with page numbers labeling it 1 to 100. How do i do this?

G Holmbo

DJN822 wrote:
I have an excel worksheet that is one page long. I want to print it 100
times with page numbers labeling it 1 to 100. How do i do this?

Or you could go File Page Setup Header/Footer tab Custom Footer
button and select Page Number(the 2nd)button type "of" select the
Total Pages button
It will look like this - &[page] of &[pages]