Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DEE DEE is offline

Default Line Chart

I am plotting four series of data on one plot, with date as X axis. Only the
data points are plotted, no line connecting the data points. The formatting
for each data series shows a line and symbol in the edit window fo each
series. How can I get the lines to connect the data points? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you saying that you have 4 series, each of which contains only one
point, or do you have 4 series, each of which has multiple points which you
can't get joined by lines? If the former, put all the points together in
one series.
--
David Biddulph

"DEE" wrote in message
I am plotting four series of data on one plot, with date as X axis. Only
the
data points are plotted, no line connecting the data points. The
formatting
for each data series shows a line and symbol in the edit window fo each
series. How can I get the lines to connect the data points? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are there gaps in the data? If so, go to Tools menu Options Chart tab,
and in the top section, choose the Interpolate option for dealing with gaps.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions