-   -   Pivot Table Items (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185937-pivot-table-items.html)

Alan B

Pivot Table Items

I have a pivot table which works well. I have it sirted by field 3 lets say.
But when I go to a drop down on another field, the list is not in
alphabetical order. Does anyone know how to sort this without affecting the
whole of the table.

Thanks
Alan
Fife
Scotland

Debra Dalgleish

Pivot Table Items

Right-click on the field button for the unsorted list.
Click on Field Settings
Click Advanced
For AutoSort Options, click on Ascending
Click OK, click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Alan B

Pivot Table Items

Debra,

Thanks for the post, but when I do this the order of the displayed pivot
table data changes. I only want the list in the drop down to be
alphabetical. Any other tips?

Regards

Alan

Alan B wrote:
I have a pivot table which works well. I have it sirted by field 3 lets say.
But when I go to a drop down on another field, the list is not in
alphabetical order. Does anyone know how to sort this without affecting the
whole of the table.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Debra Dalgleish

Pivot Table Items

You'll have to sort the list, either as I described below, or by
selecting a cell for that field in the pivot table, and clicking the A-Z
button on the Excel toolbar.
Then, you can sort the pivot table again, on the fields that you had
previously sorted.
The dropdown list should remain in alphabetical order, unless you add
new items.