Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using Calendar control to display dates

I visit the Ron De Bruin site for information on the Calendar control.
However, he only gives an example of how the calendar control can be used as
a date picker.

I would like to use the control to display predefined dates on another sheet
in the same book. So it is really just a graphical viewer.

Example is sheet1, Column A would have project names, Column B would have
targeted installation dates.

Sheet2 would be my calendar control to view the sheet1 data.

Any ideas would be much obliged.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

You can attach code to the calendar by right clicking it and choosing View
Code.

You could attach code to the calendar's Click event or the sheets Activate
even, for example.

Here are some examples of code:

Calendar1.Day = Day(Now())
Calendar1.Month = Month(Range("A2")
Calendar1.Year = Year([A2])

where A2 contains a legal date
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Ronio" wrote:

I visit the Ron De Bruin site for information on the Calendar control.
However, he only gives an example of how the calendar control can be used as
a date picker.

I would like to use the control to display predefined dates on another sheet
in the same book. So it is really just a graphical viewer.

Example is sheet1, Column A would have project names, Column B would have
targeted installation dates.

Sheet2 would be my calendar control to view the sheet1 data.

Any ideas would be much obliged.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Calendar controls do not have a multi select option...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson