Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default WHY DO HASHES REPLACE NUMERICAL TOTAL

when I total 2 of my many columns I keep getting hashes instead of the total
what am I doing wrong please.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Trevor,
One possible reason is that XL uses hashes when the column is too narrow to
display a numerical value.
Try widening the column.
Regards - Dave.