Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default multiple workbooks

I am using Excel 97 and when I open it up I have 3 workbooks that open up
automatically, I would like to know how to make it where I have to choose
which workbooks I want open.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are the three workbooks unique or just copies of one?

Do you see filename.xls:1 and filename.xls:2 and filename.xls:3?

If so, these are windows of the same workbook.

Just close a couple of them them save the remaining one.

If not the above, maybe you are opening a workspace file with extension of xlw

Alternate solution.............remove all the workbooks from XLSTART folder or
delete any pathname you may have in Alternate Startup Folder Location found
under ToolsOptionsGeneral

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:02:00 -0700, Davigirl
wrote:

I am using Excel 97 and when I open it up I have 3 workbooks that open up
automatically, I would like to know how to make it where I have to choose
which workbooks I want open.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I gave three or four alternatives...........which one or ones did the trick?

BTW.......you can stop the blank workbook from opening also if you wished.

Gord