Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IS THIS POSSIBLE? NUMBER OF LETTERS IN A CELL???

I would like to count the number of digits into a cell, for example:
Cell A1 = 33541 the result I am looking for is 5, because there are 5
numbers inside that cell.

Or the number of letter in a word, for example, cell A2 = "CAR" so the
answer would be 3, (C - A - R )

Is this possible?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try

=LEN(A1)

Where A1 is the cell to count the characters/numbers

Mike