-   -   Linking between 2 worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185485-linking-between-2-worksheets.html)

Carla

Linking between 2 worksheets

I have a master price list that is linked to another worksheet in the same
file. I have a column for the date that I update the pricing, although some
cells don't have anything filled in. When I copy from a cell that has
nothing in it and paste the link in another worksheet, it shows as a "0". Is
there any way to fix this?

jlclyde

On Apr 29, 8:49*am, Carla wrote:
I have a master price list that is linked to another worksheet in the same
file. *I have a column for the date that I update the pricing, although some
cells don't have anything filled in. *When I copy from a cell that has
nothing in it and paste the link in another worksheet, it shows as a "0". *Is
there any way to fix this?

Use if instead of formula you are currently using. IF(X = 0 ,Then "",
Else X)

Jay

Jim Cone[_2_]

Linking between 2 worksheets

Or you could use a custom number format similar to...

#,##0;[Red](#,##0);"";@
-or-
#,##0;(#,##0);;@

The above are in four sections separated by semi-colons.
The sections in order apply to: positives, negatives, zero, text.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Carla"
wrote in message
I have a master price list that is linked to another worksheet in the same
file. I have a column for the date that I update the pricing, although some
cells don't have anything filled in. When I copy from a cell that has
nothing in it and paste the link in another worksheet, it shows as a "0". Is
there any way to fix this?

Dave Peterson

Linking between 2 worksheets

=if(master!a1="","",master!a1)