Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

Default format date & number within a cell containing text

I'm trying to create cells in a worksheet which are text with calculated
dates & numbers imported from other cells in the workbook. My problem is
that the date reverts to the numeric form & the numbers have many decimal
places.
I would like to retain the mm/dd/yyyy date format & display only whole
numbers. The formula I am using to import the information is:
="text to appear with date" & Q5
or
=L5& " text to describe number"

What can I do to change the results?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

="text to appear with date " & TEXT(Q5,"mm/dd/yyyy")

or

=INT(L5) & " text to describe number"

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 29, 1:57*pm, sam wrote:
I'm trying to create cells in a worksheet which are text with calculated
dates & numbers imported from other cells in the workbook. *My problem is
that the date reverts to the numeric form & the numbers have many decimal
places.
I would like to retain the mm/dd/yyyy date format & display only whole
numbers. *The formula I am using to import the information is:
="text to appear with date" & Q5
or
=L5& " text to describe number"

What can I do to change the results?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

="text to appear with date"&TEXT(Q5,"mm/dd/yyyy")
=INT(L5)& " text to describe number"
Regards,
Stefi

€žsam€ť ezt Ă*rta: