Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating Forms in Excel

I need to create a data entry form in excel that will append records to a
worksheet in the same excel document. Can anyone point to a good tutorial?
I need it to work more like an Access database but the managers really want
to keep all elements in excel.
--
--coastal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,
there is a built in form in excel.
on the meun bar....dataform
you may have to enter a couple of lines of data so that the form can auto
detect the db but i would check that out first. built in-ready made-go to go
out of the box.
or you might want to check this out. john walkenbach's enhanced data form
download......
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm
or do a google on excel form tutorials. there's a lot out there.

Regards
FSt1

"coastal" wrote:

I need to create a data entry form in excel that will append records to a
worksheet in the same excel document. Can anyone point to a good tutorial?
I need it to work more like an Access database but the managers really want
to keep all elements in excel.
--
--coastal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at the built-in DataForm for this function.

Or have a look at John Walkenbach's enhanced data form add-in

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/dataform2/index.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP