Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DeN DeN is offline

Default I have Excel 2003 why cant I open a xlsx excel file?

I have Excel 2003 why cant I open a freaking xlsx file ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps because you haven't installed the converter. The .xlsx file
format was introduced in XL07.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074

In article ,

I have Excel 2003 why cant I open a freaking xlsx file ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

xlsx is a 2007 file, have the person save the file as a 2003 file and you
should be able to open it