Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default List vs. Toggle Total Row

I have defined a list in Excel 2003, entered sample data in Row 1, and
selected "Toggle Total Row" to display sums/counts in the last row. I want
to use these numbers as a reference for other formulas in the workbook.

The problem I'm experiencing is that sometimes, after I close and reopen the
workbook, the total row is appearing outside the defined list boundary, in
the first row underneath the defined boundary. I have done nothing except
save and close the file. If I select "Toggle Total Row" again, a new total
row appears within the list boundary...and the rogue total row still remains
outside the list!

I am approaching a deadline at work, so any help anyone could provide would
be greatly appreciated. I'm about ready to convert the list to a range just
to meet deadline, but I really don't want to have to do that unless as a last
resort.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!