Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup across multiple worksheets

I have been supplied with multiple worksheets containing data that I would
like to pull together. New to Excel I'm not sure whether this can be easily
achieved, whether Vlookup is the correct function or a macro would be
required - any suggested solutions would be gratefully received.

Each worksheet simply contains a list of names in column A with a Y/N value
in Column B e.g. users who like Apples. The supplied worksheets however
contain different numbers of users/rows ranging from 10 to 1000.

I wish to create a "master" spreadsheet which lists a Y/N value against each
user's name for the column heading i.e fruit identified in subsequent
columns.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can't you just <copy the data from the second and subsequent sheets
and <paste that data at the bottom of the data in Sheet1 to end up
with contiguous data in Sheet1? You can then delete all the other
sheets and then have a formula like this in C1:

=COUNTIF(B:B,"y")

to count all the Y entries in column B.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 27, 10:26*am, Rich$r wrote:
I have been supplied with multiple worksheets containing data that I would
like to pull together. New to Excel I'm not sure whether this can be easily
achieved, whether Vlookup is the correct function or a macro would be
required - any suggested solutions would be gratefully received.

Each worksheet simply contains a list of names in column A with a Y/N value
in Column B e.g. users who like Apples. The supplied worksheets however
contain different numbers of users/rows ranging from 10 to 1000.

I wish to create a "master" spreadsheet which lists a Y/N value against each
user's name for the column heading i.e fruit identified in subsequent
columns.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rich$r,

Read "Data across multiple worksheets" at http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/excel_truths.htm.