Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I improve the 2007 Excel performance.

After loading Office Professional 2007 on my computer, opening an excel
spreadsheet takes a very long time. Is there anything I can do to improve the
performance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try deleting your TIF (Temporary Internet Files) and see if that
helps any. Might not make a difference, but won't hurt anything.

If that doesn't help, you probably have a couple of options, neither of
which you're equally probably going to like: 1) buy a faster machine; 2) go
back to your previous version of Excel.

In any case I urge you to make a permanent backup copy of your pre-2007
created Excel files in case you experience any problems in converting them to
2007. This would be recommended even if you don't anticipate going back to
your previous version of Office/Excel.

As for possibly reverting to an earlier version: think about if there is
anything in Excel 2007 that provides a significant benefit to you or is a
'must have' in your use of Excel.