Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Assitance W/ An If/Then formula

I wrote the below formula to calculate a score based upon three
numbers entered. Each number entered is evenly weighted and the score
derived from this formula is part of another roll-up score.

=IF(O4+Q4+S4=0,"0.00",(O4/P4)*10+(Q4/R4)*10+(S4/T4)*10)

(fyi...P4, R4, and T4 contain the "goals")

It works fine but I realized not every person will have all three
scores so I need a formula that will take the numbers available
(anywhere from 1-3 values) and complete the same formula. So if there
are three numbers available (cells O4, Q4, and S4) I need it to
execute the formula above. If only one or two are available I need it
to just use the scores available but still come up with a similar
score. For example, if somone had two 100s and the goal for all three
was 100 I would want the total points awarded to equal 30.

I hope this makes sense and I appreciate all assitance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It doesn't quite make sense. If someone has two 100s, then shouldn't the score be 20?

=IF(P40, O4/P4*10,0) + IF(R40, Q4/R4*10,0) + IF(T40, S4/T4*10,0)

This is based on the requirement that if there's a goal, then the score it calculated and
summed. If no goal, no score.
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"japc90" wrote in message
I wrote the below formula to calculate a score based upon three
numbers entered. Each number entered is evenly weighted and the score
derived from this formula is part of another roll-up score.

=IF(O4+Q4+S4=0,"0.00",(O4/P4)*10+(Q4/R4)*10+(S4/T4)*10)

(fyi...P4, R4, and T4 contain the "goals")

It works fine but I realized not every person will have all three
scores so I need a formula that will take the numbers available
(anywhere from 1-3 values) and complete the same formula. So if there
are three numbers available (cells O4, Q4, and S4) I need it to
execute the formula above. If only one or two are available I need it
to just use the scores available but still come up with a similar
score. For example, if somone had two 100s and the goal for all three
was 100 I would want the total points awarded to equal 30.

I hope this makes sense and I appreciate all assitance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------"japc90" wrote in message

I wrote the below formula to calculate a score based upon three
numbers entered. Each number entered is evenly weighted and the score
derived from this formula is part of another roll-up score.

=IF(O4+Q4+S4=0,"0.00",(O4/P4)*10+(Q4/R4)*10+(S4/T4)*10)

(fyi...P4, R4, and T4 contain the "goals")

It works fine but I realized not every person will have all three
scores so I need a formula that will take the numbers available
(anywhere from 1-3 values) and complete the same formula. So if there
are three numbers available (cells O4, Q4, and S4) I need it to
execute the formula above. If only one or two are available I need it
to just use the scores available but still come up with a similar
score. For example, if somone had two 100s and the goal for all three
was 100 I would want the total points awarded to equal 30.

I hope this makes sense and I appreciate all assitance.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the assistance.

If one or more numbers are missing I need it to apply the existing
numbers to the Missing fields. So if someone only had one score and it
was a 100 I would want the formula to count that score three times.