Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Year Function

I have dates in one column. The year of the date shows in another column.
How do I get the year to show as two digit (08 etc).

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lets say you have a date in A1

1/1/2008

put this in b1
=A1
format B1 as yy and it wil display as 08

Mike

"Graham" wrote:

I have dates in one column. The year of the date shows in another column.
How do I get the year to show as two digit (08 etc).

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think date in A1, year in B1 so C1 put =right(B1,2)

"Graham" wrote:
I have dates in one column. The year *of the date shows in another column.
How do I get the year to show as two digit (08 etc).

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

you can format the column. Put the date in colum A, then make column B equal
to Column A (in cell b1 type =a1 and drag that down). Then select column B
and go to Format / Cells and choose Custom then type in "YY" in the Type box.