Greg B

Default Access Error

I have a problem when I leave the program I am writing for about 20 minutes
it comes up with the error : Path/File access error what is causing
this I can save it fine before the error and when the error comes up it
just freezes.

Thanks in advance

Greg

Dave Peterson

It sounds like you have a macro running in the background -- some type of OnTime
procedure. And the drive/path that its trying to write to isn't available (bad
code or a network/local drive that disappears???)

Next time this happens:
while in excel
hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE)
hit ctrl-r (to see the project explorer)

Take note of all the workbooks/projects that are loaded.

If you don't recognize them, post back. But if you do recognize them (and some
of them look home grown), visit that developer and see if he/she can help.

--

Dave Peterson