Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formatting a lookup

I have an invoice set up so I can scan a UPC and it pulls the item number,
however some of the items have the wrong bar code in the system. I would
like to set it up so that if the UPC doesn't match exactly it doesn't pull
anything up, right now it pulls up the closest item number. The formula I'm
using is: =IF(A200, LOOKUP(C20,UPC!H:H,UPC!B:B),"")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Apr 25, 9:49*am, Heather C
wrote:
I have an invoice set up so I can scan a UPC and it pulls the item number,
however some of the items have the wrong bar code in the system. *I would
like to set it up so that if the UPC doesn't match exactly it doesn't pull
anything up, right now it pulls up the closest item number. *The formula I'm
using is: =IF(A200, LOOKUP(C20,UPC!H:H,UPC!B:B),"")

Try =IF(A200,IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(C20,UPC!
B:B,FALSE))=TRUE,"",LOOKUP(C20,UPC!B:B,FALSE),"")) If you enter FALSE
it has to find an exact match. Then by adding an error checker llike
ISERROR will tell the formula if it found an exact match or not. I am
not sure if all parenthasis are in the right spot but this shoudl get
you close.

Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Be more specific when people are trying to help you, what does not work. It
would find an exact match so if there
is no match it will show #N/A.

Peo Sjoblom

"Heather C" wrote in message