Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Matching

Ok, here is the issue. I have a report that is sent to me with a list of all
the expenses (by name) and there expenses next to it. The next month I
recieve the report again and what I would like to do is show a monthly trend
by showing the expenses month by month, but when I recieve the report the
following month, the expenses are not all the same and/or not in the same
order. Is there any way of matching them on excel, and the ones that do not
match I can just add to the bottom?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Expenses by name is tough. Consider assigning a unique number to each
expense. That way they can be easily matched & tracked month-by-month.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200781

"AlexD" wrote:

Ok, here is the issue. I have a report that is sent to me with a list of all
the expenses (by name) and there expenses next to it. The next month I
recieve the report again and what I would like to do is show a monthly trend
by showing the expenses month by month, but when I recieve the report the
following month, the expenses are not all the same and/or not in the same
order. Is there any way of matching them on excel, and the ones that do not
match I can just add to the bottom?

Matching identical data using data only once in the matching proce Robert 1 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 29th 07 04:22 PM
Help with Matching Text Fields - Then Moving the Matching Cells Side by Side [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 11th 07 02:38 PM
matching GTT Excel Worksheet Functions 5 April 12th 06 04:12 AM
Matching cj21 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 12 February 9th 06 12:40 AM
Matching data and linking it to the matching cell yvonne a via OfficeKB.com Links and Linking in Excel 0 July 13th 05 07:30 PM