Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default help with formula

If C3 has a "0" then I would like for the current date mm/dd/yy in E3 without
having to type it in each time. I've tried the Now() function but it changes
each day. I'd like for it to remain the same date without changing each day.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(B3="","",IF(C3="",NOW(),C3)) tools/calculations/iteration. I use this
formula and it works fine for what I need and the date does not change but I
can't figure out how to reword the other formula
Thanks in advance!

"Richard" wrote in message
If C3 has a "0" then I would like for the current date mm/dd/yy in E3
without
having to type it in each time. I've tried the Now() function but it
changes
each day. I'd like for it to remain the same date without changing each
day.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

NOW() and TODAY() will recalculate every time the sheet recalculates. There
is no function that will insert a static date using a formula.
You can Paste Special Values the formula, but that would defeat the
object, use Ctrl ; or use VB code, but it can't be done with a formula.
If you wan't to go down that road, post back.
Regards,
Alan.