Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Making rows 'hover'?

Sometimes I've imported spreadsheets where the top row was hovering when
scrooling down.

How can I enable this feature on one of my rows? Could be wicked..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are two ways to lock rows (and/or columns). You can split the window or
you can freeze panes. Your description sounds more like freezing panes. To
lock the first row, click in cell A2, then select Window Freeze Panes. To
unlock it, select Window Unfreeze Panes.

Freezing panes and splitting the window always locks/splits to the left of
and above the active cell.

Hope this helps,

Hutch