Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Emailing from Excel

Hi there

I'm currently working on a research study which involves emailing people
personalised feedback online. I'm in a situation where I have an Excel sheet
with the email addresses of 8000 people, in one column. In my second column I
have personalised messages for each of those 8000 people, so each message
needs to only go to the corresponding email address. The default email
programme on my PC is Groupwise, as it's a university machine I'm restricted
to using other software.

My questions is this - is there anyway I can get Excel to automatically
email each individual message (basically the contents of a single cell) to
each individual email address? If so is there anyway I can make sure each of
the emails has a common subject heading?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I really don't want to have to
send each email manually!

Thanks
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Emailing from Excel (CDO)

Hi Ron,

I'm trying to bypass Outlook to send an email with a csv attachment. I used
your code (http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm) but nothing happens when I run
the macro, regardless of whether the configuration lines are green or not.

What can I be doing wrong?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

SQL Servant

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi John

Groupwise

Not know about this program

But start with this example (last one), i think it will work with Groupwise
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/oebody.htm

Or see my CDO page (for 800 people I try this)
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm