Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cinditional formatting question - offsets

Good afternoon,

I could probably event code do this in VBA if I had more time, but is there
any way of using standard conditional formatting to say "colour this cell red
if the cell 10 coumns to the left contains a value" ?

Thanks in advance

Pete "17:30 deadline" Rooney
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Apr 24, 9:48*am, Pete Rooney
wrote:
Good afternoon,

I could probably event code do this in VBA if I had more time, but is there
any way of using standard conditional formatting to say "colour this cell red
if the cell 10 coumns to the left contains a value" ?

Thanks in advance

Pete "17:30 deadline" Rooney

Yes there is. Select the cell that you want formatted and select
format, conditional formatting. change it to formula is, select the
cell in question then <0. Pick your formatting and hit ok. Anytime
that the cell does not equal 0 it will color the cell that you entered
the formatting in.
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jay,

I owe you my soul.

Thank you VERY much!

Regards

Pete

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Apr 24, 9:48 am, Pete Rooney
wrote:
Good afternoon,

I could probably event code do this in VBA if I had more time, but is there
any way of using standard conditional formatting to say "colour this cell red
if the cell 10 coumns to the left contains a value" ?

Thanks in advance

Pete "17:30 deadline" Rooney

Yes there is. Select the cell that you want formatted and select
format, conditional formatting. change it to formula is, select the
cell in question then <0. Pick your formatting and hit ok. Anytime
that the cell does not equal 0 it will color the cell that you entered
the formatting in.
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ed ed is offline

On Apr 24, 9:48*am, Pete Rooney
wrote:
Good afternoon,

I could probably event code do this in VBA if I had more time, but is there
any way of using standard conditional formatting to say "colour this cell red
if the cell 10 coumns to the left contains a value" ?

Thanks in advance

Pete "17:30 deadline" Rooney

in cell A-1 conditional fomat "formula is" =sum(K1:K100)<0
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But that wouldn't colour the cell if it contained a value of zero. You may
be better with <"" rather than <0
--
David Biddulph

"jlclyde" wrote in message
On Apr 24, 9:48 am, Pete Rooney
wrote:
Good afternoon,

I could probably event code do this in VBA if I had more time, but is
there
any way of using standard conditional formatting to say "colour this cell
red
if the cell 10 coumns to the left contains a value" ?

Thanks in advance

Pete "17:30 deadline" Rooney

Yes there is. Select the cell that you want formatted and select
format, conditional formatting. change it to formula is, select the
cell in question then <0. Pick your formatting and hit ok. Anytime
that the cell does not equal 0 it will color the cell that you entered
the formatting in.
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ed,

A nice addition to what I'd already worked out. Thank you.

Why didn't I learn about this years ago? :-)

Pete