KG

Default Unexpected error message on closing an Excel file

Suddenly I am getting the following message when I try to close a workbook:

"Your formula contains an invalid external reference to a worksheet.
Verify that the path, workbook, and range name or cell reference are
correct, and try again"

The mysterious thing is that it does not happen consistently and that, after
I click OK after the above message, I can still save the file.

What might be the cause of this error message and can the "invalid
reference" be tracked down using one of the utility add-ins such as J.
Walkenbach's PUP?
Dave Peterson

If it only happens when you close one workbook, maybe using Bill Manville's
FindLink addin would help you find the problem link.

You can find it he
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--

Dave Peterson