Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I keep more than one row from sorting

I have two Header rows that I would like to avoid combinning and need to stay
frozen when I sort. As it is now both rows with stay on top as I scroll
through the document but when I sort the second one is sorted into the rest
of the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much. That works for all the coloums except the first. Any
idea on how to make that one work. Also since this is a sheet to be used in
an office with others who have trouble remembering even the simple ways of
doing things with a computer is there any way to have a perminent setting?

"Ryle" wrote in message
I have two Header rows that I would like to avoid combinning and need to
stay
frozen when I sort. As it is now both rows with stay on top as I scroll
through the document but when I sort the second one is sorted into the
rest
of the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With rows 1 and 2 formatted differently than rows below(bold font or similar)

Select A3 and DataSort

Make sure Excel has selected all the columns across.

My Data Range has "Header Row".

Sort by whichever column you wish.

Rows 1 and 2 should stay put.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP