Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Print Frozen Panes?

I have an Excel file that has about 75 rows and I've frozen the top few rows
as a header. I now want to print the header with rows 65 to 75 under it.
Whenever I click print preview it shows that I'm going to print the entire
document. Is there any way to print the frozen panes and only the bottom
rows? Please help! thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 07
Click the Page Layout tab and in the Page Setup group, click Print Titles.
Click in the Rows to repeat at top: box and select the rows you want to see
as headers whenever you print - rows 1 to 3 would look like this: $1:$3.
Click OK.
Select the range you want to print - if this is all you ever want to print
from this page, click Print Area and Set Print Area. Your selected range
with the header rows is now all that will print. If it's a temporary print
requirement (sometimes you want to print other rows or the entire sheet) -
after setting the rows to repeat at the top, click the Office Button and then
Print. In the print dialog box, choose Selection under Print what.
Earlier versions of Excel:
Click File and Page Setup, click the Sheet tab.
Click in the Rows to repeat at top: box and select the rows you want to see
as headers whenever you print - rows 1 to 3 would look like this: $1:$3.
Click OK.
Select the range you want to print - if this is all you ever want to print
from this page, click File, Print Area and Set Print Area. Your selected
range with the header rows is now all that will print. If it's a temporary
print requirement (sometimes you want to print other rows or the entire
sheet) - after setting the rows to repeat at the top, click File and then

"CyberSockeye" wrote:

I have an Excel file that has about 75 rows and I've frozen the top few rows
as a header. I now want to print the header with rows 65 to 75 under it.
Whenever I click print preview it shows that I'm going to print the entire
document. Is there any way to print the frozen panes and only the bottom
rows? Please help! thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can hide the rows between the frozen header rows and rows 65:75

i.e. Select rows 5:65 and FormatRowHide

Print it then unhide.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP