Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Concatenating Relevant Headings

I am a banking officer and have following sort of data:
A B C D E F
CLIENT CASH CREDIT CHEQUE VISA
A 3,677 CASH
B 5,946 3,942 CASH/CHEQUE
C 8,939 4,237 CREDIT/VISA
D 2,040 VISA
E 1,000 6,070 CREDIT/CHEQUE
F 6,374 CASH

I want a formula in column F showing results as above. In other words,
reflecting only the mode(s) of payment used as labeled on the first row with
"/" inserted in between if there is more than two modes.

Please do keep in mind that actual data is comprising numerous columns.

All help is appreciated.
--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Here's a quick, simple set-up which gets you there w/o fuss

In G2: =IF(ISNUMBER(B2),B$1,"")
Copy G2 across to J2, fill down

Then in F2:
=SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(G2&" "&H2&" "&I2&" "&J2)," ","/")
Copy down to return desired results
--
Max
Singapore