Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to create a correlation matrix in excel?

There are 26 column of data starting from A to Z for 100 rows. I would like
to create a correlation matrix to show all combinations of 2 sets. Does
anyone have any suggestion on how to create a correlation matrix in excel?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have any suggestions on how to define a set in a reasonable way?
My intention is to find any higher correlated area for analysis. I am fresh
in this area, could you please give me any suggestions on how it usually used
for analysis?
I look forward to your reply
Regards
Eric

"Mike H" wrote:

How are you defining a set

"Eric" wrote:

There are 26 column of data starting from A to Z for 100 rows. I would like
to create a correlation matrix to show all combinations of 2 sets. Does
anyone have any suggestion on how to create a correlation matrix in excel?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is a working model:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3g2e6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank everyone very much for any suggestions and sharing.
Do you have any suggestions on Flexible Dynamic Correlation Model?
Do you have any working model?
I look forward to your reply
Best Regards
Eric

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Here is a working model:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3g2e6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel is probably not the best tool for this:
www.greta.it/wp/04.03.PDF
Maybe Mathematica?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Eric -

The Correlation tool of Excel's Analysis ToolPak creates a matrix of
pairwise correlations.

Install the Analysis ToolPak that comes with Excel.

If you need assistance installing the Analysis ToolPak add-in, see Excel
Help.

Then, in Excel 2003, choose Tools | Data Analysis | Correlation.

In Excel 2007, choose Data | Analysis | Data Analysis | Correlation.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel