Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default J-Walk Enhanced Data Form

HI,

I have downloaded the above form and customised it following the instructions.

I have one question that I hope someone can answer.

Is there any way (macro, vba code, anything) I can disable the New/Insert
button. I only want to use this form for editing existing records.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Leanne

Buy the code and you can change it the way you want

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Leanne" wrote in message ...
HI,

I have downloaded the above form and customised it following the instructions.

I have one question that I hope someone can answer.

Is there any way (macro, vba code, anything) I can disable the New/Insert
button. I only want to use this form for editing existing records.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pay John the 20 bucks for the source code and edit as you wish.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:22:05 -0700, Leanne
wrote:

HI,

I have downloaded the above form and customised it following the instructions.

I have one question that I hope someone can answer.

Is there any way (macro, vba code, anything) I can disable the New/Insert
button. I only want to use this form for editing existing records.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Unfortunate.

Gord

wrote:

HI,

I have downloaded the above form and customised it following the instructions.

I have one question that I hope someone can answer.

Is there any way (macro, vba code, anything) I can disable the New/Insert
button. I only want to use this form for editing existing records.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Indeed it is unfortunate - any help I can get with this project is a god send.
--
Leanne M (Aussie)
(Changed Display name from Leanne)

wrote:

HI,

I have downloaded the above form and customised it following the instructions.

I have one question that I hope someone can answer.

Is there any way (macro, vba code, anything) I can disable the New/Insert
button. I only want to use this form for editing existing records.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're having trouble getting dates with John's enhanced userform (not John's
fault--that's the way excel works!), maybe you could modify his code to include
a calendar control (instead of a textbox???).

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm
From Ron de Bruin's site.

wrote:

HI,

I have downloaded the above form and customised it following the instructions.

I have one question that I hope someone can answer.

Is there any way (macro, vba code, anything) I can disable the New/Insert
button. I only want to use this form for editing existing records.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I guess but I just left it as John said he tried all sorts and could not
change it.

It is only because I am in the UK and we display the days differently to the
US.

ie we display day/mth/year
--

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you're having trouble getting dates with John's enhanced userform (not John's
fault--that's the way excel works!), maybe you could modify his code to include
a calendar control (instead of a textbox???).

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm
From Ron de Bruin's site.

wrote:

HI,

I have downloaded the above form and customised it following the instructions.

I have one question that I hope someone can answer.

Is there any way (macro, vba code, anything) I can disable the New/Insert
button. I only want to use this form for editing existing records.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Typing the dates into a textbox is different from using a popup calendar.

John didn't include anything to do with the calendar control.

But if you wanted to type in the date, you could use 3 separate
textboxes--month, day, year.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you're having trouble getting dates with John's enhanced userform (not John's
fault--that's the way excel works!), maybe you could modify his code to include
a calendar control (instead of a textbox???).

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm
From Ron de Bruin's site.