Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Comments Without Indicators; Displayed when Cells are Clicked

I am interested in creating comments that do not have indicators, and that
appear when the cell is clicked. These comments can be moved around, but
cannot actually be edited by someone using the worksheet.
I've noticed this in a spreadsheet that I have that needs to be edited. I
need to recreate some of these comments with the proper information inside.
Any ideas?
(Excel 03)

Thanks-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try going to

Date--Validation

Leave it at Any Value

Then go to Input Message and type in a comment that you would like the user
to see. This eliminates the indicator but still shows a comment when clicked.