Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I get excel to automatically fill color to all unlocked cells?

Hello!
I am trying to create an "easy to work with" template. The idea is to have
th user tab through to the areas they can fill out by me unlocking the cells
then protecting the sheet.
I have all of the cells unlocked that I would like. Now I would like to go
back and add a fill color to those cells that are unlocked.
Is there a way I can do this on an entire worksheet or workbook easily?
Automatically filling in the unlocked cells?
Thanks!
--
Jodie Gardner
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

jodieg

Select the entire worksheet the GotoFormatConditional Formating.
Select "Formula Is" and enter: =CELL("Protect",A1)
Select "Format" under the patterns tab select "No Color" Ok out
Ok out again

Now when you get out your sheet should still be selected. Pick the fill
color you want in you unlocked cells and select it. All unlocked cells
should now be filled with that color!!!!

Mike Rogers

"jodieg" wrote:

Hello!
I am trying to create an "easy to work with" template. The idea is to have
th user tab through to the areas they can fill out by me unlocking the cells
then protecting the sheet.
I have all of the cells unlocked that I would like. Now I would like to go
back and add a fill color to those cells that are unlocked.
Is there a way I can do this on an entire worksheet or workbook easily?
Automatically filling in the unlocked cells?
Thanks!
--
Jodie Gardner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

jodieg

I am glad it workied for you. I missed noting that this would/could mess up
other color formating you may have had. Thanks for the feed back.

Mike Rogers