Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Question - HELP!

I need a table that shows me the project#, project name and the total spent
by each team (t1,t2,..). I add the project# and proj name and team to the row
field.
Then I added the time to data area, but when I add time2, it only gives me
the count it does not add up time1 and time2. Help!!!

project # proj name Team memb time memb time
1 AAA t1 john 1
1 AAA t2 mary 3 kate 2
2 BBB t1 chris 2
2 BBB t2 kate 5
2 BBB t3 lisa 1
3 CCC t1 john 3 bob 4
4 DDD t1 bob 5
4 DDD t2 mary 2
4 DDD t3 dana 3 lisa 3
4 DDD t4 mike 2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, right-click on one of the "Count of time2" cells and select Field
Settings. On the PivotTable Fields dialog, select Sum instead of Count in the
'Summarize by' box, then click OK.

You can add time plus time2 using a calculated field. Click on any of the
time or time2 cells. On the PivotTable toolbar, select PivotTable. ON the
menu that drops down, select Formulas Calculated Field. Name the
calculated field Total Time and set the formula to be = time + time2 . Click
OK.

In your pivot table, click the dropdown arraow for the Data sectin and
uncheck time and time2 (leaving only Total Time checked).

Is that the result you wanted? Hope this helps,

Hutch