Chris(new user)

Default compare data in two lists to find matching entries

I have a spreadsheet with two colums. Each colum contains an identification
reference e.g.
Colum A Colum B
abc123456 nmg4568987
ahsj45236 abc123456
ikl7856489 jkh7854566589
I want excel to check if the items in colums b are also in colum a and
insert either "Match found" or "No match found" in colum c. For example
abc123456 nmg4568987 No match found
ahsj45236 abc123456 Match found
ikl7856489 jkh7854566589 No match found
Please help. I've tried everything I could think of. Nothing seems to work.

RagDyeR

Try this in C1, and copy down:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B1,$A$1:$A$100,0)),"No Match","Match Found")
--

HTH,

RD

"Chris (new user)" <Chris(new wrote in