foxwave

Default compare one row to another and sum the result

I have text in row B1:G1, and similar text in rows B3:G10.
If results in A1:G1 equals data in A3:G10 i want to sum the result of
matches in each row in column H
RESULT win win loss loss win SCORE

paul loss win win win loss
kim loss loss win win win

Hoping someone can help
Russell

Dave Peterson

How about:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$1:$G$1=B3:G3))
and copy down.

--

Dave Peterson
foxwave

Thanks Dave,
Very close but I don't understand (--( can you explain?
I get a result that is not correct

Russell

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$1:$G$1=B3:G3))
and copy down.

foxwave wrote:

I have text in row B1:G1, and similar text in rows B3:G10.
If results in A1:G1 equals data in A3:G10 i want to sum the result of
matches in each row in column H
RESULT win win loss loss win SCORE

paul loss win win win loss
kim loss loss win win win

Hoping someone can help
Russell

--

Dave Peterson

foxwave

this result does work, however it does not distingush between "win" & "loss"

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$1:$G$1=B3:G3))
and copy down.

foxwave wrote:

I have text in row B1:G1, and similar text in rows B3:G10.
If results in A1:G1 equals data in A3:G10 i want to sum the result of
matches in each row in column H
RESULT win win loss loss win SCORE

paul loss win win win loss
kim loss loss win win win

Hoping someone can help
Russell

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

=sumproduct() likes to work with numbers.

the -- converts true's and false's to 1's and 0's.

Are you trying to just count the number of wins?

If yes:
=countif(b3:g3,"win")

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for.

foxwave wrote:

this result does work, however it does not distingush between "win" & "loss"

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$1:$G$1=B3:G3))
and copy down.

foxwave wrote:

I have text in row B1:G1, and similar text in rows B3:G10.
If results in A1:G1 equals data in A3:G10 i want to sum the result of
matches in each row in column H
RESULT win win loss loss win SCORE

paul loss win win win loss
kim loss loss win win win

Hoping someone can help
Russell

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

foxwave

Thanks again Dave,

I'm trying to count the number of "wins" in B3:G3 that match A3:G3.
A3:G3 is the team result and C3:G3 is the picks made by peolpe.

foxwave wrote:

this result does work, however it does not distingush between "win" & "loss"

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$1:$G$1=B3:G3))
and copy down.

foxwave wrote:

I have text in row B1:G1, and similar text in rows B3:G10.
If results in A1:G1 equals data in A3:G10 i want to sum the result of
matches in each row in column H
RESULT win win loss loss win SCORE

paul loss win win win loss
kim loss loss win win win

Hoping someone can help
Russell

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How about:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$1:$G$1="win"),--(B3:G3="win"))

foxwave wrote:

this result does work, however it does not distingush between "win" & "loss"

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$1:$G$1=B3:G3))
and copy down.

foxwave wrote:

I have text in row B1:G1, and similar text in rows B3:G10.
If results in A1:G1 equals data in A3:G10 i want to sum the result of
matches in each row in column H
RESULT win win loss loss win SCORE

paul loss win win win loss
kim loss loss win win win

Hoping someone can help
Russell

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
foxwave

Simply fantastic, UR a life saver.

Russell

foxwave wrote:

this result does work, however it does not distingush between "win" & "loss"

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$1:$G$1=B3:G3))
and copy down.