Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Graph - display Category (X) axis in the vertical position

Hello,

I have a very simple line graph with a category axis and 2 value series. I
would like to display it inverted: with the categories along the vertical
line, and the series values along the horizontal axis.

It looks so simple, but I have been unable to find how to do it. Any ideas?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try making a "dot plot"

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DotPlot.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Idoia" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a very simple line graph with a category axis and 2 value series. I
would like to display it inverted: with the categories along the vertical
line, and the series values along the horizontal axis.

It looks so simple, but I have been unable to find how to do it. Any
ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, that doesn't really help, I don't mind if it's a dot plot,
bar chart or line, I just need to know how to align the category axis
vertically, just like in the "bar chart" pictire in the web page you point
to. In that web page, this step is explained as:

"Change the shape of the chart so it's taller than wide."

But I still don't know how.

Thanks

"Idoia" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a very simple line graph with a category axis and 2 value series. I
would like to display it inverted: with the categories along the vertical
line, and the series values along the horizontal axis.

It looks so simple, but I have been unable to find how to do it. Any
ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it's an embedded chart, select the chart, and drag one of its corners to
change its shape.

If it's a standalone chart sheet, go to Page Setup, and change the page
orientation to Portrait.

- Jon
-------