Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Average between dates considering leap years.

A1:A200
01/07/08
07/07/07
04/23/07
11/30/06

C1: I need average days between dates, considering leap years.

And is it possible to format C1 to equal.."2 month 3 days"
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's my best guess...

Entered as an array** :

=AVERAGE(A1:A199-A2:A200)

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

is it possible to format C1 to equal.."2 month 3 days"

Not really. How many days are in a month? 28, 29, 30, or 31?

The average of your posted sample is 134.333. How many months and days would
that be?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jman" wrote in message
A1:A200
01/07/08
07/07/07
04/23/07
11/30/06

C1: I need average days between dates, considering leap years.

And is it possible to format C1 to equal.."2 month 3 days"
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What do you consider to be the average?

Is it the (Max - Min) / 2
Is it the sum of the differences divided by the count?
Is it something else?

I don't see how you get 2 months and 3 days with the data you provided.

Regards,
Fred.

"Jman" wrote in message
A1:A200
01/07/08
07/07/07
04/23/07
11/30/06

C1: I need average days between dates, considering leap years.

And is it possible to format C1 to equal.."2 month 3 days"
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"The average of your posted sample is 134.333. How many months and days would
that be?"

Is there a way to format it as to equal " 6m 15d" meaning 6months 15 days.

as in this formula.
=DATEDIF(A4,G2,"m")&"m "&DATEDIF(A4,G2,"md")&"d"

"Jman" wrote in message
A1:A200
01/07/08
07/07/07
04/23/07
11/30/06

C1: I need average days between dates, considering leap years.

And is it possible to format C1 to equal.."2 month 3 days"
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Jman" wrote in message
A1:A200
01/07/08
07/07/07
04/23/07
11/30/06

C1: I need average days between dates, considering leap years.

And is it possible to format C1 to equal.."2 month 3 days"
Thanks.

My bad, i didnt explain myself enough, the "2 "months and "3" day is just an example how i want the cell to be formated.

=DATEDIF(A4,G2,"m")&"m "&DATEDIF(A4,G2,"md")&"d"

I used this formula and it gave me.. cell format example. (""m ""d)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"The average of your posted sample is 134.333.
Is there a way to format it as to equal " 6m 15d" meaning 6months 15 days

Can you explain how 134.333 equals 6m 15d ?

?????????

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jman" wrote in message
A1:A200
01/07/08
07/07/07
04/23/07
11/30/06

C1: I need average days between dates, considering leap years.

And is it possible to format C1 to equal.."2 month 3 days"
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

LOL

Iam dumb founded. I just realized there no way to do.
I know 6m and 15 was just a number i threw out. . Like you said there are
different days in a month so there is no way to do it.