John

Default How do I set the Enter key to go to a specific cell?

I am entering data on a worksheet from left to right, using the tab. At the
end when I hit Enter, I want the very first cell on the next row to be where
I start. I have looked at Options-General, but it only will determine "Up,
Down, Left, Right". I would like to set it to where the Home begins on the
first cell of the next row.
Dave Peterson

If you select your input range first (say A12:D99), and change
tools|options|Edit Tab|Move selection after Enter to Right (or turn it off)

Then tabbing/entering will follow your desired path.

--

Dave Peterson
Gord Dibben

John

Set the ENTER key in ToolsOptionsEdit to "down".

Then use the TAB key to move across a row. When you leave the last data entry
cell in that row, hit the ENTER key to move down one row and back to original
column.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP