Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Range values in a function

Given: A1 = 2, B1 = 6

I can create the a Range value in cell D10 by ="E"&A1&":"&"E"&B1
which D10 will show E2:E6
Cells A1 and B1 are calculated, allowing the range to be updated
What I need is place the range created in D10 in to a function
As, COUNTIF(E2:E6,"*bob")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=COUNTIF(INDIRECT("E"&A1&":"&"E"&B1),"*bob")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200777

"Developing Rang Values for Functions" wrote:

Given: A1 = 2, B1 = 6

I can create the a Range value in cell D10 by ="E"&A1&":"&"E"&B1
which D10 will show E2:E6
Cells A1 and B1 are calculated, allowing the range to be updated
What I need is place the range created in D10 in to a function
As, COUNTIF(E2:E6,"*bob")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=COUNTIF(INDIRECT(D10),"*bob")