Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I get 0 (zero) to register as a value as opposed to blank c

I am running a sports league championship with league tables. Not that it
matters that much but the sport is World 8-Ball Pool. I need to count the
number of games each player wins draws or looses which in general is not a
problem unless they loose without winning a frame. In this instance the
matchmscore card will have a 0 (zero) number of frames recorded in the
relevant cell, but when this happens I cannot detect the zero value as
opposed to a blank cell. What I need to do is enter a value in a collection
cell to count the value of 1 if a player scores 0 but ignore it if the value
of the cell is blank. At the moment I cannot detect a 0 value unless I put in
that 0=1 but that also picks up all blank cells and that is where I fail. can
you tell me how I ignore a blank cell but detect 0 as a distinct value.