Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ~$filename.xlsx

One of my users has a folder with half a dozen Excel spreadsheets in it (some
2003 most 2007) and she noticed the other day that for some reason all the
Excel 2007 files had a faded out copy with ~$ prefix. If I try to open or
delete these 1k copies I get an "Access denied" error, however the originals
still open just fine. Does anyone know why these might've appeared or more
importantly how I can get rid of them?

Thanks,
Isaac