Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Key shrtcut to go back to recently used cell?

Hello,

I could have sworn there was a keyboard shortcut--I thought it was a
function key--to return you to the cell you last used--i.e., you were in A2
but moved to B100 to type something but want to go back to A2. I think I have
even used this keyboard shortcut in Word.
I've looked on the internet and cannot find info this.

Can someone help?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nothing native to Excel.

You would have to use code to store the A2 and code to go back to A2.

Maybe you had such code when you were able to do this before?

Sub storeit()
'store the currently selected cell
Set currentSelection = Application.ActiveCell
currentSelection.Name = "oldrange"
End Sub

Sub goback()
'return to the original cell
Range("oldrange").Select
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:01:05 -0700, Studebaker
wrote:

Hello,

I could have sworn there was a keyboard shortcut--I thought it was a
function key--to return you to the cell you last used--i.e., you were in A2
but moved to B100 to type something but want to go back to A2. I think I have
even used this keyboard shortcut in Word.
I've looked on the internet and cannot find info this.

Can someone help?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, the code worked.
I guess it was just in Word where I used a shortcut key to go back to where
my cursor was previously.

Thanks for your help!