Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Haz Haz is offline

Default sum a cell with data seperately

Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me, i didn't make this clear enough for instance
the data in col A could vary as below I want to be able to divide the second
number i.e 14/7.5 and so on without typing in a different formula in each
case.
A1 B1
7.5-14
8.5-15
9.5-7
7-18

Thanks
Haz

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

enter:
=11/7.5
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200776

"Haz" wrote:

Hi,

I am having problems with summing data in a cell.
For instance in cell A1 I have 7.5 - 11 and in B2 I want to write a
function that will divide 11/7.5 to give me 1.46 is there a function that can
do this for me rather than type in 7.5 and 11 in two seperate cell?
Any help here would be much appreciated
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Haz

try
=MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,255)/LEFT(A1,FIND("-",A1)-1)
Copy down as far as required

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Haz" wrote in message
Thanks for getting back to me, i didn't make this clear enough for
instance
the data in col A could vary as below I want to be able to divide the
second
number i.e 14/7.5 and so on without typing in a different formula in each
case.
A1 B1
7.5-14
8.5-15
9.5-7
7-18

Thanks
Haz

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

enter:
=11/7.5
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200776

"Haz" wrote:

Hi,

I am having problems with summing data in a cell.
For instance in cell A1 I have 7.5 - 11 and in B2 I want to write a
function that will divide 11/7.5 to give me 1.46 is there a function
that can
do this for me rather than type in 7.5 and 11 in two seperate cell?
Any help here would be much appreciated
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Haz Haz is offline

Thanks, this worked perfectly

"Haz" wrote in message
Thanks for getting back to me, i didn't make this clear enough for
instance
the data in col A could vary as below I want to be able to divide the
second
number i.e 14/7.5 and so on without typing in a different formula in each
case.
A1 B1
7.5-14
8.5-15