Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Running Time

Hello:

I was hoping that this formula is plausible. In A1 there is a date
14/04/2010, what I am looking for in B1 is a forumla that will tell how many
months are remining from today's date.

A1 B1
01/04/2010 36

Thank you

Dimitri
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use the DATEDIF function, as Chip Pearson describes on his web
site he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx

DATEDIF is only described in Excel Help for XL 2000, though it is a
native function in all versions.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 31, 2:34*pm, Dimitri wrote:
Hello:

I was hoping that this formula is plausible. *In A1 there is a date
14/04/2010, what I am looking for in B1 is a forumla that will tell how many
months are remining from today's date.

A1 * * * * * * * * * * * B1
01/04/2010 * * * * *36

Thank you

Dimitri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

=DATEDIF(TODAY(),A1,"m")
--
Max
Singapore
"Dimitri" wrote:
Hello:

I was hoping that this formula is plausible. In A1 there is a date
14/04/2010, what I am looking for in B1 is a forumla that will tell how many
months are remining from today's date.

A1 B1
01/04/2010 36

Thank you

Dimitri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you sure? 12 days in a month? This gives 62 months for the example
quoted, whereas it should presumably be 24 months (and not the 36 quoted by
the OP). DATEDIF seems the appropriate answer.
--
David Biddulph